Join us in beautiful Val d'Orcia, Tuscany
September 20-27, 2017
The location for our trip is Tuscany's Val d'Orcia - an area famous for beautiful scenery, exceptional wine, enchanting medieval villages, and great produce. Below are some of our favourite images we took in the region last year.
We will be staying at an Agritourismo (farm villa) located between Montepulciano and Pienza. This will be the base from which we spend time exploring the beauty and bounty of the area. You can see images of our Agritourismo below.
Our program will include:
* Interactive cooking classes with La Bonta's own Chef Tim and other local guests. Learn to make your own Italian favourites
* Culinary experiences such as cheese tasting in Pienza, the home of pecorino cheese, and a guided Olive Oil tasting on the farm. With a bit of luck the porcini's may also be about!
* Meals at some of our favourite Tuscan restaurants - from rustic Nonna-style cooking to Italian fine dining
* Traditional home style meals prepared at our Agritourismo, with produce straight from the farm
* Visits to some of the regions most notable wineries including Tenuta di Trinoro, Biondi Santi, Cantina Dei, Cantucci, and Polliziano - and more to be confirmed
* Visit to a local wine festival which just happens to be occurring while we're in the area
* One Winery visit further afield - this one will be a surprise!
* Tours of local medieval villages - Montepulciano, Montalcino and Pienza. We'll also visit some of the important local cultural sites
Nb: This program may be subject to change
Your hosts for La Bonta all' Italiana will be Mr and Mrs La Bonta, also known as Tim and Janet. These two are the creators of La Bonta Kyneton, and they are happy to share this trip to Val d'Orcia - an area they fell in love with when they visited in 2016. TIm and Janet will take care of all arrangements for the trip, providing a taste of some of the best Tuscany has to offer.
Click the icon to the left to see and follow our trip on Facebook
Click the icon to the left to see and follow our trip on Instagram