Join us in beautiful Val d'Orcia, Tuscany
September 20-27, 2017
Plans are underway for our next trip to Italy - and you could join us!
The location for our trip is Tuscany's Val d'Orcia - an area famous for beautiful scenery, exceptional wine, enchanting medieval villages, and great produce. Below are some of our favourite images we took in the region last year.
We will be staying at an Agritourismo (farm villa) located between Montepulciano and Pienza. This will be the base from which we spend time exploring the beauty and bounty of the area. You can see images of our Agritourismo below.
Our program will include:
* Interactive cooking classes with La Bonta's own Chef Tim and other local guests. Learn to make your own Italian favourites
* Culinary experiences such as cheese tasting in Pienza, the home of pecorino cheese, and a guided Olive Oil tasting on the farm. With a bit of luck the porcini's may also be about!
* Meals at some of our favourite Tuscan restaurants - from rustic Nonna-style cooking to Italian fine dining
* Traditional home style meals prepared at our Agritourismo, with produce straight from the farm
* Visits to some of the regions most notable wineries including Tenuta di Trinoro, Biondi Santi, Cantina Dei, Cantucci, and Polliziano - and more to be confirmed
* Visit to a local wine festival which just happens to be occurring while we're in the area
* One Winery visit further afield - this one will be a surprise!
* Tours of local medieval villages - Montepulciano, Montalcino and Pienza. We'll also visit some of the important local cultural sites
Nb: This program may be subject to change
Your hosts for La Bonta all' Italiana will be Mr and Mrs La Bonta, also known as Tim and Janet. These two are the creators of La Bonta Kyneton, and they are happy to share this trip to Val d'Orcia - an area they fell in love with when they visited in 2016. TIm and Janet will take care of all arrangements for the trip, providing a taste of some of the best Tuscany has to offer.
The cost for double (twin share) accommodation and all inclusions below is $3500 (incl GST) per person.
The cost for single accommodation (private room) is $4200 (incl GST) per person.
The cost includes:
- your place on this unique trip - with a maximum of 14 guests
- accommodation in the ancient Villa - single or double share. All rooms have private ensuite bathrooms
- breakfast and one other meal each day
- drinks with the provided meals
- transfers to our Agritourismo from either Siena or Chiusi, and back again
- all transport for the scheduled activities
- all winery visit tastings
- cooking classes with Chef Tim and a local guest
- one pre trip dinner at La Bonta to meet the group
The cost DOES NOT include:
- transfers to and from Siena or Chiusi
- your travel insurance
- one of your meals each day
- drinks beyond those provided with meals
- additional activities and excursions